Sunday, May 26, 2013

Random Photos


Posted by Deirdre Oakley, DECATUR, GA -- The other day I received a text from AT&T saying that you could trade in your old iPhone for a free new iPhone at your local AT&T store. I headed to mine in Decatur only to be told by the mumbling salesman that my iPhone wouldn't be worth much for a trade in. "But I thought the new phone was free," I said. "Not really," he said. Then he went on to say that my iPhone "was the lowest of the low with only 3Gs and a really lousy camera." I should mention that I purchased my iPhone in 2011, a mere two years ago. I really wanted to get into it with this guy especially for insulting my iPhone but I decided it wasn't worth it. I thanked him and left. But his comment about the camera made me curious so I downloaded all the random, spur-of-the-moment photographs I've taken. Turns out that was a good thing because I was running out of storage. So I want to dedicate this post to my iPhone by showing a selection of the photos I've taken with its really lousy camera. 















  
Deirdre Oakley is the Editor of Social Shutter and an Associate Professor of Sociology at Georgia State University. She can be contacted at doakley1@gsu.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment